Bringing Nature into Your Home.
Biophilic design aims to create an increased sense of connection with nature through both visual cues, such as plants, water, light, and colors, and non-visual cues, such as sounds, scents, and textures. One of the most essential ways of beginning to create a biophilic space is to bring more plants into your home. While potted plants and trees are absolutely fine, more advanced options include “green walls” where such watering and lighting systems can make these beautiful design elements almost maintenance-free, hanging plant trellises, and the incorporation of existing trees and plants into the design of interior spaces.
9 Tips for Nature Home
- Rethink the written purpose of spaces in your house and change them to suit your everyday living. For example, the traditional living room in front of the house can be converted into a music room with a grand piano or an office space or even a library.
- Introduce a mix of old and new into space. Traditional and contemporary design elements can uplift the elegance of the house when blended tastefully.
- Family-friendly homes require flexibility. For example, when choosing paints I always recommend going with low VOC, wipeable, washable, paints like the Benjamin Moore, Aura line. It has a luxe matte finish that is easy to wipe dirty fingerprints from.
- Add artwork that resonates with you and speaks to your soul. Some playful pieces will add some fun and humor to space.
- Splurge on lighting because you won’t have to worry about kids’ sticky fingers reaching them. Choose lighting that starts a conversation such as vintage lighting with a modern twist.
- Establish personality to the bare bones of the home with a bright, bold area rug in the family room and entranceway.
- Bedrooms are a great opportunity to have a little fun. Consider a fun bedspread or some accent pillows. Wallcoverings are a great way to experiment with the accessories in the room.
- Built-ins are a great way to improve functionality by creating dedicated storage. We design built-in cabinets and closets every chance we get. They elevate the look of the home while adding much-needed functional storage.
- It’s all in the details. Adding a coffered ceiling detail and large crown moldings elevate the design. A soft palette in the kitchen with rich natural granite countertops accompanying a stone backsplash adds texture and warmth.
When it comes to tips related to nature’s home, these decorating ideas reign supreme. If you’re interested in making your living room so beautiful that it becomes the envy of all your friends and family, call me at (512) 423 0981 or drop me a mail at Info@SpacesDesigned.com today. My team and I will surely help you transform your living spaces into a modern work of art!